Recently I was deploying a couple of VRA deployments into our companies test labs, which for some reason, would never complete the wizard.
During the wizard phase of the VRA minimal deployment, the Services Starting phase takes over 30 minutes and eventually fails.
Now I admit I had a go at everything here. The logs, changing hosts, networks, redeploying my IAAS server until I sussed it (by accident).
This issue appears to be because the Appliance Name (within vSphere or within the Wizard) can not be in all capitals. Mixed case and lowercase all seem to be fine.
After changing the Name case, I tried redeploying with all the original settings, and it deployed fine.
Hopefully this will save someone else the annoying evening I went through wondering how yesterday one deployed fine, and today the next one didn’t. Check your name 🙂
Leave a Reply