Fancy helping shape the future of VMware’s industry leading virtualization platform? Well now you have that chance!
VMware have announced the VMware vSphere Beta Program. The program aimed at customers who have previously deployed vSphere 5.5 / 6.0 allows you to help define the direction of their hypervisor platform.
The official bits!
In addition to signing up which can be done here, participants are expected to complete the following:
- Online acceptance of the Master Software Beta Test Agreement will be required prior to visiting the Private Beta Community
- Install beta software within 3 days of receiving access to the beta product
- Provide feedback within the first 4 weeks of the beta program
- Submit Support Requests for bugs, issues and feature requests
- Complete surveys and beta test assignments
OK so official bits out the way, what do I get to do?
You can expect to download, install, and test vSphere Beta software in your environment or get invited to try new features in a VMware hosted environment. All testing is free-form and you are encouraged to use the software in ways that are of interest and relevant to you. This is key to VMware’s aim as it will provide them with valuable insight into how you use vSphere in real-world conditions and with real-world test cases, enabling them to better align the product with your business needs.
Some great reasons to participate in this beta opportunity:
- Receive early access to the vSphere Beta products
- Interact with the vSphere Beta team consisting of Product Managers, Engineers, Technical Support, and Technical Writers
- Provide direct input on product functionality, configurability, usability, and performance
- Provide feedback influencing future products, training, documentation, and services
- Collaborate with other participants, learn about their use cases, and share advice and learnings
The vSphere Beta Team will grant access to selected candidates in stages so bear this in mind when waiting for a response.
The vSphere Beta Program leverages a private Beta community to download software and share information. VMware will provide discussion forums, webinars, and service requests to enable you to share your feedback with them, which is usually a very active two way conversation stream
Hope you try, and more importantly enjoy it.
Leave a Reply